Browsing Tag

News

Celebrity Lifestyle Latest News

Why are men of God silent on SARS issues – Erigga

October 6, 2020

Nigerian rapper, Erigga his asking Nigerian Pastors why are they silent over the frequent harassment and killing of youths by SARS officers.

The rapper questioned the stand of top respected clerics in the country while asking to know if the only affair of the nation that concerns them is one that has to do with tithe collection.

Erigga wrote, “Why are all our big big men of God silent on this SARS issues?Till sars begin collect tight and offering before dem go lead the protest ?”

“Tell your pastor make e lead the protest I dey him back !!! Na them government dey quick listen to Not Me or Fela.

“Oga men of God , the youth when you say make dem give their life to Christ devil don dey use other means collect am oh abeg do something

“When the Israelites dey suffer brutality for Egypt, who go tell Pharaoh face to face say “ let my people go ? NA MUSICIAN?

Celebrity Lifestyle Latest News

Nigerian Actor FUNKE AKINDELE fined over husbands birthday celebration during lock down.

April 7, 2020
Prominent Nigerian actress Funke Akindele has been fined $260 (£210) after holding a party during the lockdown imposed to tackle coronavirus.

She was widely criticised online for the party in her Lagos mansion, held to celebrate the birthday of her husband.

Akindele has appeared in a Nigeria Centre for Disease Control video to raise awareness about coronavirus

She defended Saturday’s party, saying that everyone who was there had been living in her house for several days.

Nobody came from their house to party with us,” she said in a video shared on her Twitter feed.

However, she did apologise and promised to practise social distancing:

Watch video below:

Those seen in the video include singer Naira Marley and actress Eniola Badmus, and some Nigerians have questioned whether they have been living with Akindele and her husband.

It is not clear how many people attended the event in Lagos, where all gatherings of more than 25 people have been banned.

As well as the fine, the couple have also been ordered to do 14 days of community service stipulating that they should both visit 10 important public places within Lagos state to educate the public on the consequences of not complying with restriction orders imposed by the government.

They were also told to submit the names and contact details of everyone else who attended the event.

Watch Funke Akindele’s NCDC’s Health Advisory Video: https://blacnwhite.com/viral-funke-akindeles-ncdcs-health-advisory-video/

Latest News

CORONA VIRUS: UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson moved to intensive care unit.

April 6, 2020

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care in hospital after his coronavirus symptoms “worsened”, Downing Street has said.

Mr Johnson has asked Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab to deputise “where necessary”, a spokesman added.

The prime minister, 55, was admitted to St Thomas’ Hospital in London with “persistent symptoms” on Sunday.

The spokesman said he was moved on the advice of his medical team and is receiving “excellent care”.

A statement read: “Since Sunday evening, the prime minister has been under the care of doctors at St Thomas’ Hospital, in London, after being admitted with persistent symptoms of coronavirus.

“Over the course of this afternoon, the condition of the prime minister has worsened and, on the advice of his medical team, he has been moved to the intensive care unit at the hospital.”

It continued: “The PM is receiving excellent care, and thanks all NHS staff for their hard work and dedication.”

Mr Johnson tested positive for coronavirus 10 days ago.

Earlier on Monday, he tweeted that he was in “good spirits”.

Latest News

UEFA decides to resume premier league – COVID -19

April 3, 2020

The Union of European Football Association (UEFA) has decided to resume the Premier League and all other league seasons across the continent as Coronavirus continues to affect sporting events worldwide.

DAILY POST recalls that all Premier League matches are currently suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Only the Belgian first division league officially ended their season on Thursday.

According to Football London, UEFA has proposed to resume the 2019/20 football season around July and August in a letter sent to all members across Europe.

The letter reads: “We are confident that football can restart in the months to come with conditions that will be dictated by public authorities and believe that any decision of abandoning domestic tournaments is, at this stage, premature and not justified.

“Their work is now focusing on scenarios encompassing the months of July and August, including the possibility that the UEFA tournaments restart after the completion of domestic leagues.

“A joint management of calendars is firmly needed as the conclusion of the current season must be coordinated with the start of the new season, which may be partly impacted because of the overstretch.

“Following the development of the current situation (Coronavirus), the calendar working group will indicate as soon as possible, and preferably by mid-May, which of the plans can be enacted for the completion of the season without leaving anyone behind.

“Because participation in UEFA club competitions is determined by the sporting result achieved at the end of full domestic competition, a premature termination would cast doubts about the fulfilment of such condition.”

Latest News

Davido confirms “I never had 30Billion Naira”

April 3, 2020

Nigerian musician, Davido has confessed that he never had N30 billion which he sang about in his song.

Recall that many had thought Davido was stupendously rich considering the extravagant lifestyle he lives and the kind of wealth he flaunts.

Well, Davido has come out to confess that he has never had that much money. He made this confession on twitter when one of his fans asked him to do giveaway.

The father of three replied saying he does not have money now. When asked if his 30 billion had finished, Davido replied saying he never had it.

Recall that few days ago, the 27 year old complained bitterly about how the lock down situation is affecting his bank account. Davido mentioned that the coronavirus spread and prevention method is really messing up with his bags.

Latest News

CORONA-VIRUS: Bishop David Oyedepo of the LIVING FAITH Church predicts the end of Corona Virus.

April 3, 2020

The Presiding Bishop of the Living Faith Church International, popularly known as Winners’ Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo has made prophetic proclamations concerning coronavirus.

He said yesterday that coronavirus will soon become a thing of the past in Nigeria. According to TheGuardian, Oyedepo stated this while donating an ambulance and Personal Protective Gears (PPE) to the Ogun State government to help in the fight against the spread of Coronavirus in the state.

Presenting the items to the state government at the Governor’s Office, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, the state capital, Oyedepo, who was represented by his son who is also a Senior Pastor in the church, Pastor David Oyedepo (Junior), said the gesture was part of the church’s commitment towards ending the scourge of Coronavirus in the state.

The Deputy Governor, Mrs. Noimot Salako-Oyedele, who received the items on behalf of the state, commended the church for the generous donation and reiterated the government’s commitment to partnering religious organisation and individuals in the curtailing the spread of the virus.

In a related vein, President of Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN), Most Rev. Augustine Obiora Akubeze, has appealed to the Catholic faithful, especially the priests, catechists to enlighten their members on why physical gathering to celebrate holy mass at the moment is suspended.

Meanwhile, Dunamis International Gospel Church has debunked reports of its founder, Paul Enenche, donating items worth N2 billion to the Federal Government to fight Coronavirus.

The church, in a statement yesterday by the Media Pastor, Adah. O, described the documents that generated the reports as “fake and false.”

The church said although Enenche made “generous and free-will contributions towards combating the COVID-19 pandemic as part of Christian social responsibility, the alleged donation of items worth N2 billion to the cause of fighting COVID-19 was an exaggeration of what was freely given, and God will never bless a lie.”

× How can I help you?